January 22, 2008

La Libertad


While Michel "tinkered" away on the boat, we took a side trip to La Libertad the surfing hot spot in El Salvador with my parents. It is a real mecca for surfers on low budgets. You can get breakfast for 2 bucks and lunch for 3. I had a sea food cocktail that had something called concha's on top. When I squeezed my lime on them they moved. My parents lost their appetite as they watched me eat these squirmy little things that looked kind of like snails. We had a pretty rough sleep that night with a Bar playing Salsa music till 3 am. At about 3;15 there was a cat fight on our deck we chased them away then the dogs got them. The cat and dog noise lasted about 20 minutes then....silence until about 4 am when the roosters start. This place is loaded with roosters> does anyone know why they crow 1 hour before sunrise? This place is best left for the 20 something crowd.
Lynda

No comments: