May 19, 2008

Reflections

This was probably the most amazing experience we could share together as a family.
Cruising was really just what our family needed to reconnect and learn from each other.
When Michel and I arrived back home, the girls had surprised by having the house clean and decorated with welcome home messages.
They presented us with a large card thanking us for this amazing adventure.
Josee wrote:
This trip meant everything to me...I am so thankful for those time the wind was in my face and sun in my eyes. I had a big grin on my face, and all my worries were gone.
I knew my family was the best family to be taking me a journey so big; so loving, and full of joy. I know we may have of struggled, and might of not been the best sailors of the sea, but we are the strongest, and made a life time story. We may of thought everything would be normal, but we are not normal. We are the Poirier family and I am proud to be in this family.


Chantal:
I guess I changed my mind when I thought I did not want to come. I must of been crazy! The whole entire trip was unbelievable! My most vivid memory was waking up in the morning walking into the cockpit and seeing a spectacular beach right in front of my eyes. it made me realize how lucky I was to wake up in a place that hardly anyone in the world can see.
It really changed my life. the whole entire trip was amazing and made me see life is worth living at its fullest, and we sure did live life at it's fullest down there.

Genevieve: You were right, in every possible way, 1 million percent. Our trip was life changing- each of us grew and changed into mature, intelligent, globally aware, well travelled human beings. Who else can say that at 17?
We truly know the value of a dollar. You have shared with us your dream and given us new and exciting dreams for ourselves. You have given us so much in the past year. Things that money can't buy. You've given us the gift of travel...which we will keep with us forever and pass on to our own children.
You have given us the gift of perseverance, which you have mastered- taking care of 3 teenagers Girls!) as well as taking car of a 51 foot boat. I'm sure other cruisers would marvel at your courage.
You have given us the gift of love, even when we didn't deserve it. And most of all you have given us the most amazing, wonderful and unforgettable experiences.
Our hearts will always be with the ocean, and our family will always be able to reminisce about our crazy adventures we had together. I love our family and I love and admire your both.


Was our trip everything dreamed it would be? I would have to say no, it was more enriching than what I could of imagined.

2 comments:

judy said...

Hi Mermaids,
I have a photo of your lovely wall painting from Golfito. Where shall I send it? Great for posting on the blogspot.
Maybe we'll see in the Gulf Islands ... we'll be there in a couple of weeks.
Judy from LandSea
s/v ANNA III

judy said...

amjudy@yahoo.com